Please click here to read the News Letter review of the Live Back in Ireland '87 Concert.
Many thanks to the Belfast News Letter Picture Desk Editor Michael Cousins for adding this picture slideshow of the ‘Live back in Ireland 87’ concert to the Newsletter website. Also, a special thanks to him for copying the slideshow to all the Johnston Press weekly newspaper websites throughout the whole of Northern Ireland including the Ballymena Times, Ulster Star, Dromore Leader, Lurgan Mail, Portadown Times, Carrickfergus Time, Larne Times, Londonderry Sentinel etc:
Attached photo - credit, David Crowder.
Mountjoy Pipe Band are organising a fundraising concert on Saturday 18th March 2017 at 8.00pm in the Silverbirch Hotel Omagh, featuring The Pipes & Drums of the Police Service of Northern Ireland. The concert will also include a Drum Major’s display from the current World Champion Senior Drum Major Paula Braiden and her Drum Major’s class, plus singing and dancing. Doors open at 7.00pm.
Tickets cost £10.00 each and are available to purchase from the Silverbirch Hotel or any member of Mountjoy Pipe Band.
RSPBANI are delighted to announce that the cast of ‘Live Back in Ireland 87’ are willing to give a young piper and drummer the chance to play on stage with them during the re-enactment of the famous 1987 Ballymena concert.
To give as many as possible the opportunity to join with the All Star cast, Pipe Major Bill Livingstone has suggested that the opportunity for the young pipe and drummer to be the “Young Stars of Live Back in Ireland ‘87” is offered out as follows:
- All Grade One, Grade Two and Grade 3A pipe bands registered with the RSPBA NI are invited to nominate one piper and one drummer to perform on stage with the ‘Live Back in Ireland 87’ cast on 25 February 2017 at the Belfast Waterfront.
The nominated piper and drummer must meet the following criteria:
- They must be a registered member of the band
- They must be under the age of 18 as of 25 February 2017
- They must be able to attend rehearsals of the ‘Live Back in Ireland 87’ show in Belfast on the evenings on Thursday, 23 February and Friday, 24 February
- The piper and drummer will join the cast on stage for the performance of the show’s opening number, The Lord Lovat’s Lament, and the 3rd set of the show, the 6/8 marches Ishabel T.MacDonald (John MacDonald, South Uist), Cameron MacFadyen (Duncan Johnstone) and Fairview Cottage (T Green).
- A draw to select the winning piper and drummer will be held on Friday 17th February 2017 and the winning names announced on the RSPBANI Web & Social Media sites.
As well as joining with the band the following will be on offer:
- Two tickets for the show will be made available to the Pipers and Drummers guests.
- A bagpipe chanter and drum sticks will be provided to the piper and drummer to play in the show and which they may keep as souvenirs afterward.
We would be delighted to receive nominations from all RSPBANI registered U18 pipers and drummers, we have attached the piping sheet music, the drumming sheet music will follow.
For a once in a lifetime opportunity please submit your entry to the RSBANI office via email – email@example.com or to the Branch Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all the young pipers and drummers!